I love Julia Cameron’s Principles of Creativity.
I know that every little movement towards creative flow, no matter how small, is capable of working miracles. When we open ourselves to more flow, we allow more and more of our Soul to flow through and express itself naturally.
Truth be told, this is what I am energetically urging my clients towards in every single Flow class and session. Note:the emphasis on certain principles is mine.
1. Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
2. There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life — including ourselves.
3. When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
4. We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
5. Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
6. The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
7. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
8. As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
9. It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
10. Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
“There is really nothing but the flow.
You are not really on the bank.
That, methinks, is the greatest illusion of all.
You are the bank, the flow, the boat, the rudder.”